[macvoiceover] Re: Voiceover screen contents bug

  • From: Chantel Cuddemi <jawsgirl87@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 09:54:12 -0400

Did you try to reinstall adium itself?
On Aug 21, 2009, at 9:25 AM, Hayden Smith wrote:

Hi there,
I have encountered somewhat of an anomalous bug in voiceover which I hope someone can either identify or suggest methods of troubleshooting around this, for I have done everything from reinstalling Mac, resetting screen settings but to no avail. The problem: IN content areas (identified as HTML content areas) within applications such as Skype and Adium, the chat log window is displayed. There may be a broader reach to this issue, but at this point it is these two applications that I have encountered. When I am sitting in the window and I receive or send a message, at some point in that exchange whether it be at the first message, the 3rd or 10th message, voiceover will suddenly stop recognising new messages coming in the content area. I am unsure as to whether it is appearing on the screen itself, but I do believe it is for Adium is set to speak incoming messages, which it successfully does. However, on receiving all these messages spoken by the application through the system voice, voiceover cannot identify them within the content area. The messages already displayed within the content are are not affected, simply ones from a certain point. The only way to make the missed messages appear, is to close the window completely and re- open it. That is, to click the "close button" and then find the contact in the contacts list to open it once more. If anyone has any insight on this issue, I would be most appreciative. if not, for any recommendations on how I might proceed in rectifying this; is it possible to contact apple for trouble shooting assistance for such an inhibbiting problem?
Cheers,
Hayden
----------
Hayden Smith
Email - tardis.tardis@xxxxxxxxx
Phone--
Australia:
Gold Coast - +617-56-678-016
Melbourne - +613-86-836-894
Sydney - +612-80-617-305
United States:
+1-310-405-6408 (with extension 61756678016)
United Kingdom:
+44-292-000-7380 (with extension 61756678016)