[macvoiceover] Re: Voiceover going silent

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 10:54:05 -0600

Working with support we had everything turned off that might have been draining
resources. Felt a bit like a scene from Apollo 13 as an engineer talked me
through making sure things powered up in the right order. Basically I could
make the problem happen when it was just Voiceover and OSX running.

One thing that seemed to work was using a completely different user account.
Don't ask, they didn't know either. The problem went away for a while, or was
so infrequent that I didn't bother setting up the new account and transferring
everything over. If the problem stays this intense I'll do it and let folks
know. To be clear, this is the account the computer boots up with on start, or
can be switched to if you ahve more than one person using the machine. What
I'll be doing by following their instructions seems to be starting with a fresh
account on the computer, which comes along with fresh settings and preferences,
and when I start bringing things up with that account, we'll see if anything
triggers the problem. See wy it seems like Apollo 13?

Peace,

Ian