[macvoiceover] Re: Voiceover Safari 5.1.1.0 and snow leppard.

  • From: Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 02:01:32 -0500

oK, WHAT WILL THIS DO ACTUALLY IF I MAY ASK? I AM DOING THIS PROCESS NOW. WILL I HAVE TO DO THIS WITH EVERY VERSION OF OSX / SOFTWARE I INSTALL?

On 9/1/2015 1:26 AM, Tuscia Falconer wrote:

Rule of Thumb when updating or upgrading software is to do a repair of
permissions with the disc utility app found in utilities folder in applications.
select macintosh hd as your disc to verify permissions.

TF
On 1/09/2015, at 5:48 pm, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am having a really bad time with safari and voice over .
I just updated to 10.6.8 and took all the other updates.
When trying safari again i am unable to get anything to work on safari, Voice
over will not play nicely with safari.
Every time i try to go to different web sites. Safari, will either say
something like safari beggining or will not drop me back into the html part so
i can interact with the content.
WHen i am able to do this voice over seems sluggish when using the comands if
not even at all non responsive at times.
when doing comand l to type a web site address in nothing seems to be deleting
automattically and if the address is in correctly it will sometimes not go
anywhere
I have tried many sites.
also how well does the mac work with flash? and how good does voice over work
with flash?
Here is a web site i want to listen to content on if anyone has tips on how to
get the flash to work on here with voiceover please help!
http://www.watchcartoononline.com
are my problems related on having a very old osx version/safari version? or am
i truely doing something wrong to not be able to use voiceover correctly please
advise

On 8/31/2015 11:54 PM, David Chittenden wrote:
Yes, that method works quite well.

Also, if one selects edit mode and double-taps each message or conversation to
add it to the messages for deletion, double-tap the delete button every 100 or
so messages. Above that and the buffer gets full, slows down, and crashes; at
least when I did so with an iPhone 5. I do not know the current limit with my
iPhone 6+ as I no longer have many thousands of messages to clean out. It took
me about 9 months, to clean out 150,000 messages.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchittenden@xxxxxxxxx
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone

On 1 Sep 2015, at 12:55, Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I can't try this right now as my son is using my iPhone to talk to his aunt,
but you could try grouping messages by conversation. That way if you have a lot
of messages from the same person, you could delete them all at once. Completely
ready for somebody to say that doesn't work though, I will give it a try as
soon as I get my phone back.

Ian

On Aug 31, 2015, at 6:21 PM, Keith Brown <kbrown7@xxxxxxx> wrote:

if it’s possible to do so please could anyone tell me how to remove blocks of
email messages from an iPhone as i have several thousand messages to remove.

cheers
Keith Brown >

with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx