[macvoiceover] Re: Voiceover Feature Enhancements

  • From: "E.J. Zufelt" <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 00:43:22 -0400

Good evening Sara,

Have you sent your requests to accessibility@xxxxxxxxx?

Everett

On 21-Jan-09, at 12:20 AM, Sara wrote:

I wish there was a feature to turn off speech and just have braille and no I don't mean just turning down the volume. smile I'd also like to see braille able to not follow the cursor so I could read while somebody was typing. I also get frustrated when I command tab back into pages or another word processor, that VO insists on reading my whole document to me instead of just the line I am on or even nothing.
I totally agree we need app specific settings.
I think the knowing when and when not to interact might be difficult as how would VO know when you need to interact or not? I think this kind of thing can be found out by trial and error. What I really wish somebody would do is write VO-specific documentation for Apple software like iWork or iLife so people would know what to do if they can't just click everywhere.
Well, that's it for now.
Sara