[macvoiceover] Re: Voiceover Feature Enhancements

  • From: Michael Babcock <mbabcock06@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:35:53 -0900

well with adium, just interact with and then do vo+Up, well, i have wraping on and that works for me:)

On Jan 20, 2009, at 7:26 PM, Sara wrote:

Oh, that would be useful. I guess if there is some way for VO to detect this then it would be good and those who don't want it could turn it off as a checkbox would of course be provided in the VO utility. smile I'd like to see VO do more with websites. Flash, navigating easily to headings and such, not always needing to interact with html; that should just be automatic, etc etc etc. That problem of pages just sitting there needs to go away too but I think some of those problems might be hard to pin down so I guess Apple has their work cut out for them. smile Oh, and chat programs like Adium, VO needs some way to quickly get in and out of reading and writing without having to interact with the darn html thing and moving to the end each time to read msgs. It also needs to identify emoticons which are currently just read as image but this is likely Adium's fault and not VO.
Sara
From: E.J. Zufelt
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 23:58:44 -0400

Good evening,

There are three significant feature enhancements that I believe are necessary in Voiceover. I have sent these requests to accessibility@xxxxxxxxx and would strongly encourage you all to send in a message as well supporting these requests. I would also love it if you could forward this message to any Voiceover users that you know who do not read this list.

1. Configuration options that are configurable on a per-application basis.

2. The ability to move from one window to another (for example Preview to Mail) and have VO remember where you wre in the original document when you return.

3. The ability to skip the current sentence or paragraph while VO is in continual reading mode.

Thanks,
Everett

Marty

Michael Babcock
GW Hosting, Your Dedicated Home On The Web
Phone: +1-888-272-3555, ext 4121
email: michael.babcock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
administrative e-mail: admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
url: http://gwhosting.net