[macvoiceover] Re: VoiceOver periodically repeating focus

  • From: Marty Rimpau <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 21:28:57 -0700

Hi David, on the mac mini, where is this setting to set your timing out to never?

On Oct 21, 2009, at 3:47 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

Set your screen reader time out to never.

On Oct 21, 2009, at 12:38 AM, Bryan Smart wrote:

I've noticed that VoiceOver will, about every 2 minutes, repeat the current window or focus when I leave the computer unattended.

For example, if I'm in the finder with the focus on the Macintosh HD icon, every two minutes or so, VoiceOver will automatically say

finder, desktop, Macintosh HD, selected item.

This will happen over and over and over again.

This is on a new MacBook Pro. I have hardly any 3rd party software installed. Do I have an incorrect setting? Could this maybe have something to do with some sort of energy saver or screen saver stuff?

Bryan