[macvoiceover] Re: VoiceOver Question Concerning Snow Leopard

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 13:47:59 -0500

No new voices in 10.6.

You can always purchase extra voices from Acappella Group. People say good
things about the quality of those. However, they're copy protected in some way,
and I haven't been able to find details on exactly how. As best as I can tell,
you only purchase a license to use them on a single Mac, and you can't transfer
to another machine. Since they're expensive, I have to repurchase them when I
get a new computer, and I have to purchase several copies to run on each of my
computers, the whole thing seemed too expensive to contemplate for just
different voices.

I might be wrong. Haven't heard from any users of the voices on details. The
web site doesn't explain how the copy protection works. I e-mailed their
support, but didn't get a response.

Bryan