[macvoiceover] Re: VoiceOver Question Concerning Snow Leopard

  • From: Richie Gardenhire <rhire1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 20:16:53 -0900

I have tried the Acapella voices, as well as Cepstrol. I like the Cepstrol voices for its responsiveness, but Acapella is clear and easily intelligible. Richie Gardenhire, Anchorage, Alaska.

On Jan 5, 2010, at 6:23 PM, Portia Scott wrote:

Hey Richie,

I think you'll find that Snow Leopard meets your needs, grin. I've heard lots of good things about Snow Leopard. You will find that the speech is very clear, and easy to understand. Don't know if there are any other voices added since I have only had my mac for about two days, smile.

Hth, and enjoy Snow Leopard.

Portia
On Jan 5, 2010, at 8:16 AM, Richie Gardenhire wrote:

Hi, Once I have Snow Leopard in my hands, I have a couple of questions? Have there been any new voices added, and have the quality of voices improved at all? Not that the speech needs improving, I love the speech in Leopard. I have a significant hearing loss in one ear and the voices I use most are Agnes, Alex, Princess, and Victoria because, for me, they are easier for me to understand with my hearing loss. With the specs I mentioned earlier on my Mac Mini, Snow Leopard should have no problem running, should it not? Thanks for any warnings or cautions I would need to watch for. Richie Gardenhire, Anchorage, Alaska.