[macvoiceover] Voice activation on iPhone?

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Voiceover list Mac Voiceover List <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 09:59:52 -0600

Not sure if this is particulary a Voiceover issue, but figured the list wisdom
might point me in the right direction.

A friend of mine asked me today if I knew how to set up voice activation on
iPhone for somebody with multiple disabilities. Apparently he has no motor
control whatsoever, and has some sort of voice actiavted home network that an
old cell phone was tied into before the phone died.

So, does anyone kno if it is possible to tie an iPhone into a voice activated
network, or set up the iPhone itself to be completely voice controlled?
Everything I do relies on gestures, including the physical button push to
activate Siri.

Any thoughts?

Ian