[macvoiceover] Voice Over and Skype 5.0.0.7994 - Has anyone found Online Contact Window consistency?

  • From: Michael Busboom <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:09:43 +0100

I think that I like the most recent version of Skype V5.0.0.7994, but I am
having problems with one feature that I especially enjoy.

Sometimes, when in the list of Skype online contacts, I can VO Arrow Right and
get to the options where I can call, send a text, upload a file, etc. to the
person whose Skype name is displayed in the online contacts table.  I like this
a lot.  At other times, however, when I VO right, I just go to the next contact
in my list, completely bypassing the aforementioned options of calling, sending
a text message, etc.

When I first launch Skype, I can always VO right or left to get the options for
the contact that is highlighted in the Skype contacts table.  However, once I
perform any action, I am taken out of this mode, and I haven't yet been able to
figure out a way to get back into it.

I know that Command-1 and Command-3 Are pretty useful, but I would love to be
able to find some method for always ensuring thatI   can act on a contact in
the way described above.  Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike