[macvoiceover] Voice Over Questions.

  • From: "Andrew Ireland" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 19:34:40 +0100

Hi Guys,

I joined the list today.  I have had my new Mac mini for just over a week
and would be grateful if someone could clear up a few questions please.
This is me moving back to Mac after 5 years.

What is the best SSH client to use?  I have tried terminal with no success
at all.  I need to connect to a CentOS system.  A sighted friend recommended
VSSH, however, I was reluctant to purchase it not knowing if it would be
accessible with Voice Over.

I am experiencing a strange problem when composing a new e-mail message in
Mac Mail.  If I delete 1 character and type another character it would
appear to just delete the character I had just typed.  If I interact with
the mail window everything is fine.  My question is, do you need to interact
when typing a new message or using text edit?

I wonder if anyone can recommend the best Office package to enable word
processing and spread sheets?

Many thanks in advance for any information.

Regards,

Andrew.