[macvoiceover] Re: VO reading column & row headers in Numbers?

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 17:34:33 -0700

Hi John & all,

Well, the column and row headings weren't being read when I navigated my
spreadsheet.  I then found under the Table menu, a choice to choose which row
or column to mark as a header, or so I thought that's what it did.  What it
actually did was insert a new column and row that was formatted as a header.  I
tried to mark the row and column that had the header info in in, but kept
getting a new row or column added.  The only way I could find around this was
to insert the column and row formatted as a header and then copy the info and
paste it in the newly created row and column.  Now, as I navigate throughout
the spreadsheet the column and row headers get read, but there must be an
easier way to do this.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  It must be possible to
mark an existing row or column as being a header?

Thanks,

Russell