[macvoiceover] Re: VO friendly guitar/sound processor?

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 12:45:21 -0400

Mark,

You can in theory do this with GarageBand4. I say in theory, because I have never plaied with it.

You can connect your guitar to linein, but, as Ginny said, it is better to use some kind of an interface device.

You should be able to use the instrument generator in GarageBand4 to preview your sound before you record it, but, I have never sat down to figure it out. You should be able to do this in GarageBand4, in theory.

GarageBand5 ups the antey. *** don't try to use GarageBand 5 that comes with iLife 9 at this time, with Voiceover, it is a mess.

GarageBand 5 actually has several stomp-boxes that are immulated and configurable and when that works that will be nice, but, it, does, not, at, this, time.

Keith Reedy

On May 25, 2009, at 12:19 PM, Mark Baxter wrote:

My dream program would be something that can operate real-time, so I can start playing the sound I'm hearing, not just play back with an effect afterward.

Mark BurningHawk

Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
MSN:  BurningHawk1969@xxxxxxxxxxx
My home page: