[macvoiceover] Re: VO, OpenOffice, Tables

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:40:55 -0500

Hi Chris
OO does not have accessibility for tables as of yet. The only application in which we can currently access tables is iWork 09. Hopefully the OO team will get this fixed, though as of the latest RC builds there has been no change in Voiceover access with it. Your document is most likely larger due to default fonts. Windows and Mac do not always have the same fonts installed, and when you don't have a particular font OO will revert to the default. One nice thing iWork will do, when this happens, is notify you of the missing fonts, but as far as I know OO doesn't do this.

On Jan 30, 2009, at 10:02, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

I received a relatively important document about the Raising the Floor Initiative, my new full time home, which was announced to the general public at ATIA yesterday, that contained a number of tables and had been made in Word. When I get to a table using OO, things start to go strange. I cannot seem to interact with the table in a predictable manner and could not read it without moving it onto a PC and using MS Office. Is there any documentation on OO with VO and tables?

Also, OO made the document a bit larger, moving a one page position paper type document into two pages which I'll assume had something to do with formatting defaults.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
        --Douglas Adams