[macvoiceover] Re: Using an external microphone with Garage Band 4

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 09:58:59 -0400

Hi folks,

I don't think just pluging a mike in the line in jack will work, I don't think it will show up.

You either need to use a USB mike like the Snowball, or, some other USB mike, or, a USB, or, firewire interface if you want to use something other than a USB mike.

Keith Reedy

On May 19, 2009, at 8:11 AM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

Hello all,
I have been playing around with GB4, and it's working pretty well, at least for what I need to do. My problem is that I got the program to record me using the internal microphone on my Macbook, which is rather bad. I know it is possible to use a USB interface if I had one, but I don't have one as of now. Is it possible to connect an external microphone to the Mac through the line in port, the one that's next to the headphones port? I tried doing it, but GB tells me that my only input source is the internal microphone. What can I do?
Thanks!!

Ignasi