[macvoiceover] Re: Using a dictation application

  • From: Tuscia-Falconer <tusciafalconer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 15:26:51 +1300

You have the enhanced dictation option with Mavericks, simply click on the
enhanced dictation option in the dictation preferences and the App will be
downloaded into your computer instead of the processing being done online.
the problem I and others had was with Mail in Mavericks, it kept crashing  when
using Dictation.
It is a fairly large half GB download.

TF

On 27/10/2014, at 1:49 pm, Mary Otten <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh, sorry. I don't require a headset with the phone. But I do have a
Mac which has yet to be upgraded to Yosemite. Once it is, I am
interested in the enhanced dictation capability but will be sorry to
use a headset. I used one for decades at work and am not all that keen
on them now. <smile>

Mary