[macvoiceover] Re: Used I Pod

  • From: vashaun jones <vashaun.jones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 18:01:59 -0500

I unplugged it but I was able to see the I Pod and the playlist it had. I will check for the scroll area the next time I doc it. How do I backup what's already there?

On Feb 14, 2008, at 5:33 PM, Ginny wrote:

Hmmm...have you looked in ITunes to see if it shows up. Look in the source list--since you don't know what it's called, yu should arrow down through the choices until you find something unfamiliar--like ipod or "name"'s ipod.
If you find that, then you might be able to view the info about it by
tabbing to the right. (or control-arrowing to the right.) If you find "scroll area" when doing this, then interact with it and you might find the serial number and such. At this point, you'll probably have to get sighted assistance sync-ing it to your itunes. But if you are able to get to this point, you'll most likely be able to click on the "restore" button which
will allow you to clear the ipod and see how much memory is actually
available on it once the stuff is erased. Don't click on "restore" though
if you want to keep what's already on the ipod.