[macvoiceover] Usability

  • From: Jeronimo Schöber <info@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 09:44:30 +0200

Hello,
slowly I am finding my ways arround Mac OS X.
Now since I speak German I need to purchase a speech synthesizer. This willcost
me about 99 Euro plus vat.
Currently I am using the demo of Acapellas speech synthesizer.
The good thing about Mac OSX is that the screen reader comes with it for free.
However I am  working under Windows and I already have a screen reader working.
Now would you say Mac OS X is usable at the present 10.6.3 state of development?
I read about safari being busy and mail crashing etc. etc.
It is fun to play with OS X but I wonder if it is fun to work with it. I feel
that using Safari is harder than using internet explorer with Jaws for example.
This might be due to my lack of knowledge. I have taken my time to learn how to
use Jaws or any screen reader.
So ... Is it worthwhile spending more than 100 Euros if you already had a
working environement?
Thanks for any thaughts.
Jeronimo