[macvoiceover] Re: Urgent need to turn voice over speech on

  • From: Marcy Weinberg <rhymingmom1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 15:28:50 -0400

Follow these steps:

1. Open vo utilities with control-f8.
2. Right arrow two times.
3. Down arrow 7 times.
4. Press enter, and voiceover should come on.
Note:  Pressing enter there is resetting all of your voiceover preferences, to
defaults, so you will have to reset them, but at least voiceover will be
talking again!

Or, you can try this, and your vo prefs will remain intact:

1. Hold down the vo keys, and rotate your fingers clockwise on the trackpad, as
if you are turning a knob.  This will turn on the track pad commander.
2. Do a three-finger double-tap on the track pad, and vo should start talking
once again!

Sure hope this helps, and one of these methods works for you!

On May 14, 2010, at 1:53 PM, Judy Wilkinson wrote:

> Voice over is running but it says speech off. How do I turn speech back on?
> -Judy

Marcy
Hope you're having a nice day!