[macvoiceover] Urgent help needed!!!

  • From: "Russell Solowoniuk" <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 17:27:32 -0600

Hi all,

I didn't think I'd get in trouble quite so soon. <smile>

I just got my beautiful iMac home and set up. I turned it on, a nice chime played, then I heard VO say "English", and that was the end of my fun! I couldn't get VO to say anything else. I tried tabbing, VO right and left arrowing, even Shiftplus VO plus down arrow to try interact with something... learned a lot from you guys. VO remained silent. I tried command plus F5 in case VO was off, but no luck. So, I pressed the enter key and a lovely little song played, and I thought I was in business. After the song finished, however I still had no speech. I pressed Command F5 again and VO started speaking, but this still doesn't help. I'm in some sort of a window where VO will say "Mac Apple Mobile ME". If I tab VO reads that there is a checkbox that is unchecked, but those are the only two things that VO reads. If I tab any further the computer just makes a sound like I've pressed an invalid key. Again, I tried all the usual keystrokes, VO right and left arrow, shift VO down arrow to interact, and finally the enter key but nothing seems to work!! Sometimes when I press the tab key, VO will say, "one row selected".

Thank God for my laptop! <grin>

Please help!! I'm so excited to try out my new Mac, and I can't even get past the setup screen! <smile>

Russell