[macvoiceover] Re: "Unread" Messages

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 11:02:24 -0400

Chris,

I have had this happen. Mail has acted a bit strange after the last couple of updates. If you close mail and reopen it, the count should be correct, at least it is for me.

If you have not used the combo updater to update maybe you should and don't forget to repair permissions. These 2 things have fixed most of my mail problems.

Keith Reedy

On May 27, 2009, at 9:53 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

Often, when I move over the Inbox item in the Mailbox list, I'll hear something like "80 messages , 4 unread," but when I move into the messages list and arrow up and down through the "Status" column, I hear the odd "replied" or "forwarded" but nothing that tells me which of this pile of messages that I haven't processed into folders for my personal organization sake but nothing that says "unread" or anything that would signify that state.

Right now, according to Mail, I have 4 unread messages but I cannot find them for the life of me.

Thanks,
cdh