[macvoiceover] Re: Undocumented iPhone Feature

  • From: Marie Howarth <marie.jane2005@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:56:37 +0100

I see. thanks

On Aug 14, 2009, at 4:41 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

the update you have is the most recent publicly available update. anything else is unofficial.

On Aug 14, 2009, at 11:27 AM, Marie Howarth wrote:

OK David. So what is this other update that has been referred too? And does it indeed do what has been suggested? Am I to take it it is a beta?

On Aug 14, 2009, at 4:21 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

actually, the update that was most recently posted (3.01 is not the update that was refferred to by 3.1.

On Aug 14, 2009, at 11:19 AM, Marie Howarth wrote:

I have the update.

On Aug 14, 2009, at 3:06 PM, Jessie wrote:

This is in iPhone 3.1.

Sent from my iPhone

On 14/08/2009, at 9:40 AM, Marie Howarth <marie.jane2005@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

someone suggested that in this new update that pressing the home key three times I believe would turn vo on from whereever if it was off. I did try this the other day when a sighted friend wanted to play with my phone. sadly, it did not work. was this a myth?

On Aug 14, 2009, at 10:41 AM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Also, if you press the home key while on the home screen, or twice from any other screen, taking you to the search screen but you don't want to be there, just press the home key again and you'll be right back on page 1. Marcy
On Aug 14, 2009, at 2:19 AM, Brett Campbell wrote:

You are describing the iPhone's spotlight search. It's placement could be described as being on page 0. You can get to it by the 3 finger swipe as you described. You can also get to it by pressing the home button once while on page 1 of your apps. If you're not on page 1, you can press the home button from any page and jump to page 1. You then may press home again to access the spotlight search. If you press the home button in quick succession, you'll be taken to your favorites list. You can however change the double home press default in your settings.

Brett

On Aug 13, 2009, at 11:46 PM, Marquette, Ed wrote:

I've read through the iPhone documentation and never once saw any
reference to "iPhone Search."  I didn't see it in either the on-line
iPhone manual or the Voiceover manual.
Nevertheless, if one swipes or flicks across (not up or down) the
screen, with 3 fingers, one gets a prompt to search.  I've only just
discovered the feature (and as I said no documentation I've found
discusses it).
Apparently, this searches both through Contacts and the In-box. I'm not
sure where else it searches.
Any of you Apple experts got ideas here?

Ed Marquette
Partner
Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP
4520 Main Street
Suite 1100
Kansas City, MO 64111-7700
Direct: 816.460.2405
Mobile: 816-812-0088
Office: 816.460.2400
Fax: 816.531.7545
emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Assistant: Andrea Mendez-Black [816-460-2483]
www.sonnenschein.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.
IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:
To comply with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained herein (including any attachments), unless specifically stated otherwise, is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending any transaction or matter addressed herein to another party.

Wordy Mom
Think positive,
...be positive,
...your cup is always half full.