[macvoiceover] Undocumented iPhone Feature

  • From: "Marquette, Ed" <emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 00:46:47 -0500

I've read through the iPhone documentation and never once saw any
reference to "iPhone Search."  I didn't see it in either the on-line
iPhone manual or the Voiceover manual.
Nevertheless, if one swipes or flicks across (not up or down) the
screen, with 3 fingers, one gets a prompt to search.  I've only just
discovered the feature (and as I said no documentation I've found
discusses it).
Apparently, this searches both through Contacts and the In-box.  I'm not
sure where else it searches.
Any of you Apple experts got ideas here?

Ed Marquette
Partner
Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP
4520 Main Street
Suite 1100
Kansas City, MO 64111-7700
Direct: 816.460.2405
Mobile: 816-812-0088
Office: 816.460.2400
Fax: 816.531.7545
emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Assistant: Andrea Mendez-Black [816-460-2483]
www.sonnenschein.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be protected by legal
privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by
returning it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you for
your cooperation.
IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:
To comply with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S.
federal tax advice contained herein (including any attachments), unless
specifically stated otherwise, is not intended or written to be used, and
cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal
Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending any transaction or
matter addressed herein to another party.