[macvoiceover] Re: UTorrent for OS X

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 19:57:23 -0500

Hi Everett
As best I'm aware, they have not added the ability to download individual files to the Mac version of uTorrent yet. I'm guessing that, as it is still a beta, they're trying to make sure the core functionality works first. uTorrent for Mac is quite recent, they'd been talking about it for years, but have only recently started creating it. As far as opening downloaded files in Safari automatically, it seems Safari will only open certain file types, and there's no easy way to add to this list. It will primarily open archives or disk images, as well as internet audio files such as mp3s or m3u playlists. It won't open downloaded apps, or any other filetype. There is a way to work around this with uTorrent, however, as it is able to monitor your Downloads folder, or any other folder you wish, for torrent files and automatically begin the download when one is placed there. This option is in the Preferences window of uTorrent.
hth

On Jan 2, 2009, at 19:33, E.J. Zufelt wrote:

Good evening Jacob,

Thanks for your response.

I was able to download a .torrent file with Safari, but it didn't open automatically in UTorrent (I expect that this is a Safari configuration).

I did find the .torrent file in my Downloads folder and opened it in UTorrent. Coming from UTorrent for Windows I am used to being able to select which files in the torrent to be downloaded after it opens. There didn't appear to be an option for this in Mac UTorrent. Do you know how to select / deselect certain files from the .torrent to be downloaded?

Thanks,
Everett

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacob Schmude" <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx >