[macvoiceover] Re: USB on wired aluminum keyboard

  • From: Shaun Jones <vjones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:15:43 -0500

15
On Jan 18, 2008, at 12:59 PM, Cara Quinn wrote:

 Ah, forgot, do you have the 15 or 17?...  My mistake....

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On Jan 18, 2008, at 9:46 AM, Shaun Jones wrote:

I thought it was two USB one firewire 4 and one firewire 8.
On Jan 18, 2008, at 12:34 PM, Cara Quinn wrote:

I thought the MBP had three usb ports?...

Smiles,

CQ  :)

On Jan 18, 2008, at 6:21 AM, Shaun Jones wrote:

I have two USB ports on my Mac Book Pro one is taken up with the keyboard and the other with my headset. I just need to use my thumb drive and I thought the keyboard could handle it.
On Jan 18, 2008, at 9:18 AM, The BlindTechs Network wrote:

what were you expecting to do with the ports?
The BlindTechs Network
www.theblindtechsnetwork.com
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
623-565-9357 (west phoenix Arizona)
480-297-7569 (East Phoenix Arizona)
562-219-2309 (Los Angeles California)

On Jan 18, 2008, at 7:13 AM, Shaun Jones wrote:

That isn't good for me, but thanks for your help.
On Jan 18, 2008, at 9:11 AM, The BlindTechs Network wrote:

a mouse can be connected or a joy stick, but thats all. they are not powered usb ports therefore can not produce power even for a thumb drive
The BlindTechs Network
www.theblindtechsnetwork.com
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
623-565-9357 (west phoenix Arizona)
480-297-7569 (East Phoenix Arizona)
562-219-2309 (Los Angeles California)

On Jan 18, 2008, at 7:04 AM, Shaun Jones wrote:

Listers I am posting this again because I didn't get a response from the list the last time I posted it. When I plug in things like my thumb drive or USB headset nothing happens. Today when I plugged my thumb drive in I got a dialog box saying that the drive needed more power to run the device and to plug it into another outlet or use a external power supply. Using the Apple wired keyboards USB, has anyone encountered this problem? If I can't use a simple thumb drive in the keyboards USB slots then what can be used? Is there a fix for this or is it actually broken?

---
View my Online Portfolio at:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

---