[macvoiceover] Re: Two questions

  • From: Chris Gilland <clgilland07@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 23:19:30 -0400

Thank you so much. You are correct. That is exactly what was going on. I just cleared the list. I assum that there is no way to disable the recent senders list? I know yall probably think that's stupid a me to do, but ultimately it is my preference.

Chris.
On Jul 5, 2008, at 11:02 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Darcy,

I think you are correct here. I don't think the address book adds anyone with out asking.

I really like the previous recipients list,, keeps me from having to type addresses, grin smile.

Keith Reedy

On Jul 5, 2008, at 10:25 AM, Darcy Burnard wrote:

Hi Chris. I think you're confusing the address book with the previous recipients list. You can remove people from this if you want, but it is useful for mailing list addresses and what not because it auto-completes. Also the recipients list is one of the things mail uses to determine what is junk mail and what is not. But if you want to remove people from there, you get to it from the window menu.
Darcy

On 5-Jul-08, at 8:49 AM, Chris Gilland wrote:

Firstly, in Mail, how do I disable this thing from automatically putting people I reply to in the addressbook?

Secondly, I am still having issues with Safari. Remember: I am *not* on Leopard. I am using Tiger 10.4.11. Is it just Safari never really worked well in Tiger? If someone could call me and try to help me figure this out, I'd appreciate it. For security reasons, I'm not going to put my number on the list, but if you write me privately at:

clgilland07@xxxxxxxxx

I'll then reply back to you privately and give it to you. If needed, I can call all 50 states and all of Canada unlimitedly, so... I'd really like to show someone first hand what this thing is doing so they can best help me see what the deal is.

Chris.

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover