[macvoiceover] Two questions

  • From: "Richard Ring" <richard.ring@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 09:15:53 -0500

I have two questions regarding my Mac Mini which is 5 days old.
First, someone told me that the Mac would run better if I attached a
mouse.  When I went to the Apple store to make my purchase, they wanted
to sell me a mouse for $50.  No way was I going to put down that kind of
money for a rodent.  However, I have a few USB mice that are gathering
dust that I could connect if necessary.
Second, web pages download at a snail's pace on my Mac.  I don't know
why this is so, but my cheapy Windows netbook downloads web pages far
faster than the Mac Mini running Snow Leopard.  It should be noted that
the Mac has a much faster processor than my netbook, so I am wondering
if there are settings I should change or is this simply how Macs do
things? I am not picking on my Mac, I am simply asking for information
here.
Thank you all.