[macvoiceover] Re: Twitter Tells Developers to Stop Making Mainstream Clients

  • From: ashley <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 17:36:36 +0000

hahahahahaha... good luck to them.
if they do decide to make everybody use the inaccessible twitter client, i'll release my own twitter client that i've already written to the public, along with it's sourceCode, just because

ash

Website:
http://www.ashleycox.co.uk
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/ashleycox2
Blog160:
http://www.blog160.com

On 14/03/2011 15:25, Travis Siegel wrote:
Twitter said they won't can existing clients, only limit production of new ones. I agree this isn't exactly the smartest move on their part, but, like apple, they're trying to control the user experience on the twitter platform. Unfortunately, unlike apple, they haven't considered the wide reaching access issues this will raise. And, just for the record, they didn't say there wouldn't be *any* new clients, only that they will make sure any future clients adhere to very strict guidelines as far as usability and presentation goes. They'd like the twitter experience to be the same no matter what client someone is using. A rather lofty goal, but as already pointed out in this post (and by others) since their client isn't very accessible, they clearly have issues they're not aware of yet with this approach.

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover