[macvoiceover] Re: Turning tapes in to CDS?

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:30:33 -0500

I didn't say anything about the step from creating the file to burning a cd because of a couple of things.

It depends partly on whether you are trying to create an mp3 cd or an audio cd. If you want to burn an audiocd, you can go to the recording bin window in audio hijack pro (see directions for navigating sessions/windows that were already posted), select your recordings in the table, and burn right from ahp; the dialog doesn't give me nearly as many busy signals as when I burn through finder. If what you are trying to burn is longer than one cd should hold, you'll get a warning and choice to burn or not. In that case, you can double click on the "process" choice in the recording bin and create an itunes playlist from the file(s) you are trying to burn; I just discovered this and it's much more accessible than trying to create a playlist directly from iTunes. When you've created/named the playlist you should be right there in iTunes and can choose burn from the menus. The advantage of this is that iTunes will then burn your audio even if it takes multiple cds. If on the other hand you are going to make an mp3 cd with mp3s of several tapes on it, I would probably build a burn folder in finder; when you put a cd or dvd in your mac, it creates an "untitled dvd" or "untitled cd" folder and you can then copy and paste files into that folder and burn. There are options for burning other than these, including "toast" which I know some people have bought. Another issue is whether you need the songs on your tapes tracked or are happy just having them transfered to the cd. Finally, the final vinyl application came on the disk with your imic; I have it installed but have never used it and it's possible you could use that for some or all of your process.

--
Cheryl
"Where your treasure is,

Click on the link below to go to our homepage. http://www.icanworkthisthing.com