[macvoiceover] Re: Trouble reading PDF files with VO

  • From: Marty Rimpau <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 13:02:27 -0700

Hi Russell, try going to the outline table, and finding what you want, and interacting with the table, then vo left arrowing to the text, and see if it reads that way. Command right and left arrows, will take you to the next and previous pages.

On Aug 9, 2009, at 10:20 AM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to read the VO Getting Started manual in PDF format. I don't want to read the document from start to finish, but rather, to go to pages that are relevant to what I'm doing at the time. So, I look at the table of contents, find the page I want to go to, press command option G and then type in the page number and press return. I then find it difficult to locate the document. Sometimes I VO right or left arrow and sometimes magically land in the document on the page I chose, but other times I'm placed in the document, but at the beginning. Sometimes I need to tab or shift tab to find the text of the document.

When I do find the page I want, I read for a bit and then it gets to the end of the page, and I can't figure out how to move to the next page, so I end up back in the table of contents. Does anyone have any tips to make reading PDF files a bit easier?

Thanks,

Russell