[macvoiceover] Re: Trouble reading PDF files with VO

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 13:55:30 -0400

command-right arrow moves to the next page.

On Aug 9, 2009, at 1:20 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to read the VO Getting Started manual in PDF format. I don't want to read the document from start to finish, but rather, to go to pages that are relevant to what I'm doing at the time. So, I look at the table of contents, find the page I want to go to, press command option G and then type in the page number and press return. I then find it difficult to locate the document. Sometimes I VO right or left arrow and sometimes magically land in the document on the page I chose, but other times I'm placed in the document, but at the beginning. Sometimes I need to tab or shift tab to find the text of the document.

When I do find the page I want, I read for a bit and then it gets to the end of the page, and I can't figure out how to move to the next page, so I end up back in the table of contents. Does anyone have any tips to make reading PDF files a bit easier?

Thanks,

Russell