[macvoiceover] Re: Track Pad question

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:08:30 -0400

I thought I read someplace (it could have been a rumor in some blog or an official statement from Apple, I honestly cannot remember) that Apple was to release a Blue Tooth track pad to support other hardware.

On Jun 29, 2009, at 11:11 AM, Donna Goodin wrote:

That makes sense, it just makes it seem like Snow Leopard will be kind of a bust if you don't have a laptop with a track pad.
Cheers,
Donna
On Jul 29, 2009, at 11:07 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

no, imacs and mac pros will not have gesturebased access the same as computers without touch screens don't hav access to touch screen access on other platforms. if you don't have the tool, you don't have the access.

On Jun 29, 2009, at 10:59 AM, Donna Goodin wrote:

So the, will they have any access to the implementation of interacting with gestures that the laptops will have?
Donna
On Jul 29, 2009, at 10:40 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

they don't have trackpads.

On Jun 29, 2009, at 10:20 AM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Right, but what about people with something other than a laptop?
On Jul 29, 2009, at 7:13 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

donnaa;

anyone with an aluminum or older macbook pro will have a multitouch trackpad. anyone with a polly carbonate macbook will not.

On Jul 29, 2009, at 7:10 AM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Hi all,

So I just want to make sure that I understand this. As I understand it, one of the big changes coming in Snow Leopard is that VO users will be able to use the track pad to navigate and interact. From what you all are saying, it sounds like this benefit will only be available to MacBook Pro users, i.e. Persons with an IMac will not have access to that feature. Is this correct?
Donna