[macvoiceover] Re: Totally stumped on saving system prefs.

  • From: Travis Siegel <windowbridge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 10:08:42 -0500

There are no save buttons anywhere in system prefs.
This is because those options that do save, will do so automatically when you close system prefs. If settings are not saving, it's because those particular settings are not supposed to save. You can change your system volume by using the up/down volume keys on the keyboard. Input levels are usually saved in whatever program is being used to handle recording.
That's why those  particular items are not saving for you over reboots.

On Jul 7, 2008, at 9:25 AM, Sara wrote:

Ok, here's what I do.
I goto the apple menu and enter on system prefs.
I vo around to the sounds button and vo space it.
I vo around to input or output or whichever I need and interact with the sliders to change them. It works great.
I vo until I hear close and  vo space to close the prefs.
All is great until I reboot...boom! All the sliders back to default. Even the sighted person can't see any save buttons in system prefs.
Sara