[macvoiceover] Tip when cmd-shift-plus commands don't move you in finder

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:54:40 -0500

I don't know if anybody else has experienced this, but sometimes when I want to go to Applications or home in finder, the cmd-shift-a and cmd-shift-h key combinations don't seem to work even though I can browse to the correct window. When this happens there is a solution which I found quite by accident one day. If one of these commands doesn't work, press the space bar and you will hear "quick look" announced. Then hit escape and you will be in the window you just tried to go to with the cmd-shift-plus-whatever-key command. I don't know why this sometimes happens unless it has to do with focus but the procedure of pressing space and then escape has always fixed the problem for me.

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,