[macvoiceover] Re: This e-book reader works with the iPhone, Sample Free eBooks - Christianbook.com

  • From: Cheryl Ann Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 21:15:38 -0500 (CDT)

Also, Their online reader works with the Mac and their epub ebooks are also readable with the 1.8 preview of Adobe Digital Editions. The only caveat is that I couldn't get their download links to work with safari as I think they use a flash player in the mix. So I downloaded the books with windows, though CBD didn't seem to recognize that I had Adobe Digital Editions installed unless I also had the inaccessible 1.7 installed. Though 1.7 is inaccessible, at least on windows you can usually here the word "find" and/or some of the book title as it's downloading. So: I downloaded the epubs on Windows and they went into the inaccessible 1.7. Then, since I'm using vmware fusion and have folders that both OSes access, I went into the accessible 1.8 version of ADE on the Mac, and did "add to Library" to get the books I had downloaded in Windows. I know it sounds complicated but it workes. You have to experiment some but there are lots of ways to read Christian Book Distributors ebooks. The only problem I had with the iPhone app was that I either couldn't hit the download button or culdn't tell if the ebooks were downloading but maybe they've improved the app as I haven't had an iPhone for a wile.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart