[macvoiceover] Text input with VoiceOver

  • From: "Kaja, Kiran" <Kiran.Kaja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 11:49:48 +0100

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out the best way to input text when using
Voiceover. I am new to Mac OS X.

Taking the example of composing a new message in the Mail app, should I
start interacting with the text area before I start typing? I notice
that text input works when interacting or otherwise. My biggest problem
right now is when trying to review what I type in. if I move left or
right with the arrow keys, I am not absolutely sure what character is
under the curser. Sometimes, a character is repeated twice when moving.
And then, I am not sure if the delete key will delete the character to
the right or the left of the cursor.

In short, it is not a very pleasant experience when entering text. I
read through the "Working with text" chapter in the VoiceOver guide but
it doesn't talk much about input.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Kiran Kaja
Digital Accessibility Development Officer
Royal National Institute of Blind People
105 Judd Street, London WC1h 9NE
Telephone (Direct): +44 (0) 207 391 2044
Mobile: +44 (0) 7508 23 73 80
Email: kiran.kaja@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.rnib.org.uk

Announcing Techshare Mobile 2010, Technology on the Move! Get up to date
with developments in the world of mobile devices and accessible
solutions. Organised by RNIB and Techshare partners and  sponsored by
Vodafone and Research in Motion (RIM), this exciting one day event will
be held on 15 June 2010 at the ICC, Birmingham.
http://www.rnib.org.uk/techshare

--
DISCLAIMER:

and any attachments from your system.