[macvoiceover] Structure

  • From: Jeronimo Schöber <info@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:37:03 +0100

Hello,
and here is a general question again:
I have installed a German voice by now and thus I am able to navigate the
screen and menus and such.
What I notice is that I can not move from the desktop to the menu bar or the
dock continuously.
In dialogues each element is something to specifically interact with.
Is there a way of moving the voiceover cursor arround the scren and then
clicking on things as if I was using a mouse?
By default voiceover presents something that I would call structured mode when
I was talking about Jaws for Windows.
Jaws has a spacial mode as well. I would say this mode (when using the Jaws
cursor) is less structured it is flat so to speak. Is there some way of
actually exploring the screen as it is presented to the sighted user?
A jaws cursor equivalent a spacial / flat mode of interacting with quite
everything in a window or on the screen?
I hope I am clear. It is somewhat hard to talk about general screen reader
concepts in a foreign language.
Cheers
Jeronimo