[macvoiceover] Re: Speakable items, talking to your MAC and using Voiceover.

  • From: "David Poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 12:33:10 -0400

say "tell me a joke"
----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Reedy" <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 12:15 PM
Subject: [macvoiceover] Speakable items, talking to your MAC and using
Voiceover.

Ok you guys and girls, you got me started on this thing and frankly I
thought it would just be a toy, but, it is really quite useful.

I am opening apps, using menus, the calculater,, playing music in
iTunes and so on with voice commands.

It is set to listen all of the time. The default keyword is computer,
however we have changed the keyword to MAC, so you would say, MAC,
than  a few second pause and then give your command, like open my
browser. Say the command clearly and do not run the words together.

Hints,
1, Mike level is a lot lower than you mite think.  I have a strong
voice, so my mike level is at about 50 percent.

2, Do not speak your command while Voiceover is speaking unless you
are using headphones, the computer will just not here you.

It takes a little playing arround, but, I am now using it in my work
here at the office.

BTW, you can make items speakable, like a file you use often.

Now, you know what I know.