[macvoiceover] Re: Sound software that works with Vooiceover.

  • From: Krister Ekstrom <krister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 11:43:59 +0200

Ok, let's just make one thing clear here and excuse me if i sound skeptical and/or ignorant. Please remember i still consider myself a newbie to the Mac business. What exactly is it that you *can't* do and how does that affect our ability to work with Garageband? Someone said we can't edit anything in Garageband, that's not good i think. That in fact stops me from using Garageband, but that's just me.

/Krister

7 jun 2008 kl. 04.22 skrev Ginny:

If I may insert this...I've been delving into Sonar/CakeTalking on the PC side, (I know...I know...but there's a really good point, I promise.) The Mac audio programs are brilliantly designed, in that they can be conquered (at least to some extent) by a novice, but they're all pro enough to be used by an experienced sound engineer. Even at this point, garage band is so user-friendly. If one learns the PC aps, one has to learn an entirely new
language-including the architecture of midi.  In other words, it's
frustratingly complicated. So even after purchasing a bunch of equipment and PC software which I will hopefully learn by this time next year, I still
have been able to accomplish so much more with a lot less stress using
Garage Band. So let's keep cheering that accessibility on. Once it arrives completely, blind engineers and producers will rule the world--I just know
it. <grin>
Take care.