[macvoiceover] Re: Sound software that works with Vooiceover.

  • From: Keith Reedy <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 21:33:50 -0400

Darcy,

I wanted to add that, but, I could not remember how to spell it.

Thanks and welcome, good podcast.

Keith Reedy

On Jun 6, 2008, at 3:04 PM, Darcy Burnard wrote:

Hi Keith. One program you may want to add to that list is fission. It's very limited, but I think that's by design. Mainly it's intended for taking chunks out of audio. The one thing it does have going for it however is that you can edit losslessly. That is, it can edit an mp3 directly, and you don't have to re-encode the file when you want to save it. I'm not sure any of the other programs do this. That being said, I'm not sure that fission is worth what Rogue Amoeba charges for it. I believe it costs $32. When I got my copy, they offered a discount for people who already owned audio hijack pro, but I don't think they do that anymore.
Darcy

On 6-Jun-08, at 11:26 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hi folks,

We have an increasing number of sound programs that work with the MAC, but, the only one I can find that does MIDI is GarageBand.

Remember the getting started guide and keyboard list is at,
www.icanworkthisthing.com
under
MAC with Voiceover.
And the Getting started guide is at Lioncourt.com
Audacity, free!
Soundstudio, pay,
Amadeus, I hope I am spelling this correctly, pay,
Will let you edit in different, but effective ways.

Audio Hijac, pay,
Callrecorder, free,
Will let you record audio from the internet, like, Skype.

These all work with Voiceover in some measure and I am sure that I am missing some, so drop them in if you like.

Recording my own music is very important to me, so, it looks like I will be using GarageBand for the most part.

Protools, pay, is not usable and we don't know if, or, when it will be.

Logicpro and Logicpro express, pay, is more usable, but, I just don't know how usable.

When you look at it all, we are not doing bad for a bunch of MAC freeks, grin, smile, wink.

Hope this list will be of some help.