[macvoiceover] Sound editor where i hear what i do

  • From: Krister Ekstrom <krister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Macvisionaries list the blind <discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 12:37:36 +0100

Hi folks.
I asked this question before, but i don't know if what i wanted came across so i'll try again. I want to be able to use a sound editor for the mac. Doesn't have to be multi channel but what it should be able to do is the following: I want to be able to select a sound and be able to hear the sound as i fast forward to the point i select as well as when i select. When i select i want to be able to hear the selection in real time so i know that what i've selected is actually what i want. Is this at all possible and in what programs? Another thing that would be cool to have is a possiblility to hear a preview of the sound material before and after an edit, say a cut or something so that i can hear what the ready-made result sounds like. Is this possible? I looked a little at sound studio but never could get the hang of it but people say it's good for just the things i've asked for here.
Thankful for any help.
--
/Krister