[macvoiceover] Some questions

  • From: Ignasi Cambra <icambra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 11:30:16 -0800

Hello all,
After thinking about it for a while, I finally got myself a Macbook, which I am very happy with. So here are my questions: -I installed Vmware Fusion because I need to use some Windows applications. Everything works fine, and I was able to install JAWS and all the programs I need on my virtual machine. But for some reason the caps lock key is still controlled by the Mac (I need it to activate the JAWS cursor etc...). Any ideas about how to solve this? JAWS is not all that useful without the JAWS cursor... And then, where is the insert key? -An other question: web browsing works great in Safari, but sometimes when in a random site, VoiceOver stops reading everything in the html content. I try to interact with it and nothing happens. For example, today I was trying to buy Skype credit, and after selecting the amount I wanted and clicking next, the page loaded but I can read everything in the window (toolbars etc) except the website itself. How can I change this? I also read somewhere that it was good to change some things in the Safari preferences window for it to work better with VoiceOver. What are the things that I can change? -And finally my last question: I downloaded OpenOffice and it works with VoiceOver, but when using the text processing application VoiceOver says "new line, edit text" before reading the actual text every time I move my cursor down a line, which is really annoying. This doesn't happen in Textedit (it just reads text normally). What can I do?
Sorry for the long email. Thanks!!!

Ignasi