[macvoiceover] Re: Software update and snow leppard.

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cah4110@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Macvoiceover Email list <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 20:39:12 -0500

You won't be "bumped up" without any indication that this is what is going to
happen. I remember that quite a while ago when I upgraded a Snow Leopard
machine I had to go online and track down all the Snow leopard updates if I
remember correctly - it's been a long time! Whether they are still available, I
have no idea.

--
Cheryl

The name of Jesus is not only light but also food;
it is also oil, without which all food of the
soul is dry;
it is salt, without whose seasoning whatever is set before us is insipid;
finally, it is honey in the mouth,
melody in the ear,
rejoicing in the heart,
and at the same time medicine.
Every discourse in which his name is not spoken is without savor.
(Bernard as quoted in Calvin's Institutes)

On Aug 23, 2015, at 7:02 PM, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Someone told me if i used the software update that instead of updating lets
say snow leppard 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 i would instead be bumped all the way up to
the latest version of osx is this true?
and if not will i be able to get the last version of snow leppard that was
released by just using the software update?

also in the safari web browser and other places where you can read line by
line sentence by sentence what is the command for doing this?
also has anyone tried the beta of osx 10.11?
If so i have a question about that as well.
Someone told me that there were going to be improvements to voiceover where
you may not have to use so many keys to press to do things can anyone confirm
this?

with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface
at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover