[macvoiceover] Re: Snow leppard and safari and voice over.

  • From: Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 01:49:29 -0500

So as someone told me a few days ago this may or may not be a snow leeppard bug then?
how do you set up key commands with key commander?

On 8/22/2015 1:33 AM, Ian Edwards wrote:

If it's not there, you should be able to set it up using keyboard commander.

Ian

On Aug 22, 2015, at 12:26 AM, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok, so when in safari do vo k and then press control option command and see if
it is even there?
If it is there and it should be working what is wrong and how can i fix it? if
it is not there can a person make it usable when needing to? or will i have to
update to even get this to work correctly?

On 8/22/2015 1:15 AM, Ian Edwards wrote:
Have you been able to use the key combination anywhere else? It's not one I
use regularly, so I admit that I don't know where else it might be applied. You
could try activating the key describer with VO K, then try the key combination
to see what it reports. It's possible that for some reason the key combination
just isn't active on that computer.

Ian

On Aug 22, 2015, at 12:11 AM, Tuscia Falconer <tusciafalconer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

In the voiceOver Utilities, under Web - Navigation are you set to DOM or Group ?
This doesn't make a lot of difference though DOm should offer more headings.
It may be that SN does not offer this key command.
Are you on your friends computer, can you test another SN computer ?

TF

On 22/08/2015, at 6:05 pm, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have tried many pages and the control option command h will not work it is
like voice over is ignoring the command set.
I have tried the following.
http://www.yahoo.com
http://www.betanews.com
http://www.blindbargains.com
just to name a few.

On 8/22/2015 12:17 AM, Tuscia Falconer wrote:
Try a different web page.

TF

On 22/08/2015, at 1:59 pm, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok, have a question for all of you.
using snow leppard, safari web browser.
When doing control option comand h nothing happens.
Have tried fn control option comand h and still nothing happens.
Is there a problem with voice over and snow leppard and safari?
I know this is an old versionof osx but wanted to ask about it here.
Can anyone tell me if this is something i am doing wrong or is this a problem
with the osx version/voiceover/ safari version i am using currently?

with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx