[macvoiceover] Re: Snow Leopard installed!!

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 01:59:50 -0400

You know Russell, I always have just a bit of a twinge when it comes to running a new system. I depend on the computer so much for my work and I guess thats part of it, but, I think the main thing with me is, I'm a creature of habbit.

Some one wrote a book about that kind of thing called, Some body moved my cheese, grin smile.

I am still learning about Voiceover in SnowLeopard and the more I learn, the more I like it.

End of ramble

Keith Reedy

Click the link below to download MP3's of Keith Reedy's music as a gift from Bibles For The Blind.

http://biblesfortheblind.org/download_music.shtml

God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him. J Hudson Taylor.

On Sep 19, 2009, at 12:46 AM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Thanks Keith. The install was actually very easy! And I'm glad for the disk space being reported accurately too.

I like Safari a lot better now too! Especially the ability to select text using the shift arrow keys, at least some of the time! <smile>

Russell
On 2009-09-18, at 10:16 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hi Russell and congrats on getting the cat in the house.

Every one has the SUID files and it dosen't seem to be a problem, so, don't worrie about it.

Keith Reedy

Click the link below to download MP3's of Keith Reedy's music as a gift from Bibles For The Blind.

http://biblesfortheblind.org/download_music.shtml

God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him. J Hudson Taylor.

On Sep 18, 2009, at 10:52 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi everyone,

Well, I installed SL tonight without a hitch, except, of course, when I ran "repair disk permissions afterwards I now have two SUID warnings, which luckily I didn't have in Leopard. Do I need to worry about these? Is there a way to fix them?

One thing I noticed since installing SL is that my available disk space seems to be reported more accurately. I have a 320 GB hard drive on my iMac. In Leopard, it showed my disk as having a total of 297 GB with 29 GB used, and 268 GB free. After installing SL, it shows my disk as having 320 GB with 24 GB used, and 295 GB free. So, there is now 5 GB less being used, but I somehow gained about 24 GB. Interesting!

Russell