[macvoiceover] Snow Leopard Help

  • From: Thompson Bob <thompsbk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 20:09:16 -0700

Hi all,

I want to give Snow Leopard another try. Tomorrow, Wednesday, I will be going to an Apple Store to see if they can help solve my problems. Let me know if you have unanswered Apple questions and I will try to get an answer. My SN problems were posted here and suggestions made but nothing has really helped. my eyes are still good enough to navigate most windows but I can read little or nothing. I use zoom and Voiceover, controlled by a multi button mouse. This has worked very well in Leopard but not SL. VO in SL reads far too much. Moving the mouse across the desktop and passing over an icon reads the name of that icon and ever other icon on the desktop in alphabetical order . Another problem is that the windows and cursor jump around the screen.

Has anyone played around with VO's Verbosity settings below the "Details" arrow? I have not found changes to stick after clicking on OK. I can not tell if any of them work.

My visit is in the afternoon, Pacific time, please ask any questions that do not pertain to the interests of the group off list.

Thanks,
Bob Thompson
Panoramabob.com, Photo Galleries and Video Theaters
http://panoramabob.com