[macvoiceover] Slacker has potential

  • From: John Hess <johnythehess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 23:31:08 -0400

Good evening all. I had no idea how easy it was to put an app on the IPHone. I downloaded slacker and when I hooked up the IPHone it installed the app. Now, I clicked on it and what I found was the following. The title of the app read and then voiceover became a bit choppy and the response of the phone was a little sluggish. I was able to read the buttons and info on the front page and was asked to set up an account. Believe it or not, I actually did key in all the info on the phone. A rather arduous task but it worked. Everything spoke, I was able to find everything and complete the task using a touch screen. ONce that was created I was able to read some of the choices like the different categories of stations. I clicked on smooth jazz and the ripping-tons started to play. The connection was rather shaky and voiceover was very unresponsive. I closed the app with the home key and all was well. The buttons didn't seem to have labels when the station was playing. So, the point of this message is? The phone didn't crash, the app installed easily, and there was some access to the application. The iphone is simply one that works. no guess work here. It's fantastic and easy to use. If you want to add slacker to the apps list it's www.slacker.com. I would say at this time partially accessible.