[macvoiceover] Re: Selecting Text in Safari

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 18:23:55 -0400

it never worked. it is clearly and has always een meant for files and folders.

On Jun 8, 2009, at 10:19 AM, Barry Hadder wrote:

Yes there is and there was.  I've allready said that it used to work.

On Jun 8, 2009, at 6:15 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

the documentation is in error. this is a known issue and if you think about it, with text even in text edit for instance, there is no way to select non contiguous text.

On Jun 8, 2009, at 4:31 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hi Berry,

Please bug this and I will bug it as well. This should work, but, it does not.

Keith Reedy

On Jun 7, 2009, at 10:38 PM, Barry Hadder wrote:

Here it is from the manual.

If you can’t select text using standard Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts, as in an email message that you have received, press VO-Return. Then press VO- arrow keys to read the text you want to select, and then press VO-Return again. The text that was read is highlighted and selected. To select non-adjacent text, press VO- Command-Space bar, press VO-arrow keys to read the text, and then press VO-Command- Space bar again. To delete selected text, press any key on the keyboard. If you accidentally delete

Barry Hadder
bhadder@xxxxxxxxxxx