[macvoiceover] Re: Safari unusable! Help, tips?

  • From: Robert Nelson <Robert_Nelson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 23:48:52 -0400

Dear Nicole,
I am using SL also.  I have never had the problem you have encountered.  It may
be a plug-in, or cookie that was placed in your computer, when you originally
went to the web site.  I suggest you go to Safari  Preferences and go to the
General Tab and look to see the URL of your home page.  Confirm that this is
what you want.  If the Home Page URL is OK, go to the Security Tab.  Here I
would go through the check boxes alternatively turning off each of them.  When
you turn one off, open up Safari and see if the advertisement still appears.
You will then have to do some  detective work in plug ins or cookies  to see
delete the offending  item.

I hope this helps.
Robert