[macvoiceover] Re: Safari. question.

  • From: Suzanne Erb <suzerb1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 20:44:24 -0400

Hello Rhonda

Several days ago, I had a problem where someone had sent me an e-mail which I
opened.  I hadn't heard from this person in a while, so I was glad to hear from
her.  Open opening it, I was led to a work-from-home scam website, from which I
could not escape.  I tried emptying the cache, reinstalling Webkit, even
rebooting the machine--all to no avail.  Finally, I contacted this group of
wonderful people, and received a great solution.
1.  Go into your Safari menu, that is, the menu just to the right of the Apple
menu and to the left of the File menu.  Arrow down until you reach "Reset
Safari".  Check everything except the field having to do with names and
passwords.  Be sure you've left that unchecked, and reread it to be sure,
because you can not undo this action.  After you have done this, reopen Safari,
and you should be okay.
Good luck.  Again, may thanks to all who responded to my query.  I'm so glad
this happened on a Mac, because once I figured out the problem, it was so easy
to fix, and, actually, my internet seems to be a tiny bit faster.  Go figure.